Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Today at the Record Store



Every time I walk into a record, I start to feel uncomfortable, like I'm in the presence of someone with a terminal illness. Its simply depressing to watch these stores die. The shelves full of ~5x5 polygons, which once seemed worthy of my hard earned twenty dollar bills, now appear pathetic, almost like the sight of high priced handmade goods in street markets begging to be bargained down.

Now, I've had two distinct consumer soft-spots in my life - DVDs and CDs. I've forked out thousands of dollars accumulating hundreds of little, shiny discs and skimpy booklets. With the shift to digital, my goods have lost their value. Bummer. The internet is the new printing press, and the seemingly endless repercussions of this powerful invention terrify me.



1 comment:

mich said...

i feel ya.
all my CDs just sitting at home...