Friday, March 6, 2009

Comic Relief

Today, while working on my thesis in firestone, I received a troubling email:

From: Chenxin Jiang
Sent: Friday, March 6th, 2009 2:51 P.M.
Subject: Help! : (


Eric and I are stuck in carrel C-1-H-6. The door won't open. Please come help?

.....

I didn't see this email until 3:15 P.M. Needless to say, I was surprised. My heart raced as I ran down to the abyss of firestone - the C floor (C for chenxin: coincidence, perhaps not). To my great relief, by the time I found their carrel, a carrel which happens to be tucked away in a corner in the far east side of firestone, the door was opened. Apparently, they had freaked out after not know how to open the door to the carrel and sent me an email, after which they continued to try and eventually found a way out: a small teardrop-shaped lever, which when turned opened the door.

I'm not sure how long they actually thought they were trapped in the carrel - I should have asked. Regardless, I like to imagine that it was upwards of thirty minutes as that would be much funnier then only a five minute scare.

2 comments:

steve said...

only you would derive satisfaction out of seeing chenxin stuck in her carrel =) jk

Unknown said...

omg this is the only thing that has made me laugh genuinely over the past week! i could just hear your little teeheehe giggle